Centerline Biomedical, Inc., a medical device start-up with high growth potential, seeks to hire a Business Analyst to be located at its offices in the Washington, DC area. This individual would work among a diverse team dedicated to achieving the successful commercial launch of a medical imaging solution and development of next-generation technologies. The position is open to qualified full time or part time candidates. Compensation will be commensurate with duties, qualifications and startup culture.
Centerline Biomedical, Inc., a medical device start-up with high growth potential, is offering healthcare solutions to bring the next generation of imaging, navigation, predictive analytics, training, and robotics to minimally invasive surgery. Endovascular surgical procedures presently rely on X-ray fluoroscopy, which exposes patients and caregivers to harmful radiation while providing limited 2-D imaging. Our first product, IOPS™ (Intra-Operative Positioning System), to be launched in 2019, delivers accurate 3-D real-time navigation without the use of ionizing radiation and contrast dyes thus allowing surgeons to navigate within the patient much like using a GPS, minimizing exposure to cancer-causing radiation and toxic contrast dyes. Our IOPS™ technology aims at improving patient outcomes, reducing radiation exposure, simplifying complex procedures, increasing throughput and lowering healthcare costs driving better margins as well as improving utilization and profitability of surgical rooms and medical personnel. In future, Centerline’s platform technology will address multiple applications including endovascular aortic repair, peripheral artery disease, carotid aneurysm, cerebral aneurysm, electrophysiology, and coronary intervention and stenting.
Centerline, a Cleveland Clinic spin-off that started operations in 2014, is housed in the Global Cardiovascular Innovation Center (GCIC) on Cleveland Clinic’s main campus in Cleveland, Ohio. Centerline maintains a close relationship with Cleveland Clinic and has access to the unique resources and environment of the incubator to carry out research and product development with Cleveland Clinic researchers and clinicians.
In keeping with Centerline’s startup nature, the Business Analyst would hold significant responsibilities and has a strong opportunity to contribute. The main duties will be to assist the Management in day-to-day operations of the Company.
Scope of work
Scope of work will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the preparation of company business plans, financial projections, budgets, research studies, development plan, and other documents.
- Assist in the coordination and monitoring vendor activities e.g. scheduling, output, deliverable, invoice, bill payments, etc.
- Prepare applications for obtaining federal and other R&D grants funding.
- Prepare progress reports on technical, financial and administrative matters.
- Assist in the contracts and financial management.
- Assist in liaison with the management and Board.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, engineering or related field
- Additional Masters or MBA degree is highly desirable
- Dynamic, self-starter, creative, flexible and problem solver requiring minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a diversified environment and under pressure dealing with multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Ability to work in team spirit with people of different education and experiences
- Excellent research, analytical and ICT skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
Interested candidates should submit their application along with up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org